What makes A Helping Hand Unique?
- We are the only non-profit companion care provider in Durham, Orange and Chatham Counties.
- We are among the oldest and most experienced companion care agencies in the Triangle, with over 20 years of dedicated service.
- We are a locally-founded organization and not part of a franchise.
- Our companions are of the highest caliber. They are educated, thoughtful individuals who are motivated and committed to providing the best service possible. The majority of our companions hold at least a bachelor’s degree and many have a post-graduate education.
- A Helping Hand provides tailored person-centered care. Our staff strives to match clients with companions who are compatible and with whom meaningful interactions can occur.
- Our pre-health internship offers opportunities for intergenerational interaction by pairing our clients with college students pursuing healthcare professions.
- We have one of the most comprehensive training models in the industry and continually offer supplemental trainings for caregivers.
- AHH is recognized by the prestigious Beverly Foundation as one of the premier senior transportation providers in the United States.
- AHH serves people of all income levels.